Friday, November 18, 2011

Blog Party


I think I left my brain on vacation as I just can't seem to get out of this funk that I have gotten into the last couple of days.  So, to motivate myself, I've joined a "blog party".  Guess it'll be nice to share a little more of me.  Feel free to join, the link is at the bottom of the post.
Here I go:

1} What's the nerdiest/geekiest/weirdest thing about you? 
I have a thing for geeks, I'll admit it.  In school I was popular and a social butterfly, but I always preferred my guys to be a bit nerdy.  So, I think because of that, I developed a love for SciFi movies and TV shows.  And, can I admit, I used to be a "gamer".  Now, people who don't game will not understand what that means, so I'll let you in on it.  I used to play role playing games where we would pretend we were elves or halflings and mages and such...boy, the arguments that would ensue sometimes when a character would get killed.  We put a lot of heart and soul into them.  Yup, a role of the dice would determine our fate sometimes.  I think I actually still have my character sheet.

2} If you could live in a fictional universe from any book, movie, or television show, what would it be? 
This one is so hard for me because I tend to like dramas and dark movies/books - who would want to live in those universes??  I am fascinated with the Bronte sisters.  I know their books tend to have a dark atmosphere to them, but there is something that seems peaceful to me about how they describe the "moors" in their books.  So, I guess that would be the English countryside for me.  I also thought that the movie "What Dreams May Come" had a beautiful heaven.  I know, a dark movie, but the effects were awesome.

3} Little or big, practical or frivolous, what is one of your favorite items in your house?
My china cabinet is my favorite thing.  It holds all of my art supplies...well, at least the supplies that I don't have spread all over the table, floor, countertops...

4} Do you like animated movies? If so, what is your favorite?
Beauty and the Beast.  I actually saw that in the theater my senior year of high school.  Did I just give my age away?

5} What is your favorite household chore?
Really?  I didn't know people had favorite chores.

6} What's your favorite thing to get at Starbucks (or your favorite coffee shop)?
Well, my favorite coffee shop in the whole world, Aversboro Cafe, makes a chaider that is awesome.  It is only available around this time of the year and it is an apple cider and chai mixture and it rocks!

7} What is your favorite pizza topping?
I like it simple - my favorite is a Margerita pizza which has tomato and basil and cheese.

8} Waffles or pancakes?
I could live off of pancakes.  They are the reason I could never do a low carb diet for long.

9} Do you like to play games? If so, what is your favorite?
I love playing games but no one likes to play with me...I'm too competitive.

10} Have you ever let anyone win a game?
Never!  Well, maybe just my kids

11} Have you ever dyed your hair?
On a regular basis since I was in high school.  You name the color, I've probably dyed it that color.  Currently a dark red.

12} Do you make your bed every morning?
Nope.

13} Picasso or Norman Rockwell?
If I have to pick one of those two, it'd be Picasso.  Rockwell is too depressing - all those perfect people with their perfect simple lives.

14} Do you like carpet, tile, or hardwood floors?
I have hardwood floors and I hate them.  I don't wear shoes or socks in the house and you can feel every piece of dirty on your feet.  I would love carpet if my asthma and allergies weren't so bad.  It's just not as nice to lay on the floor when it isn't soft like carpet.

15} What's your favorite condiment?
Hmm...that white sauce that you get at Japanese hibachi restaurants that no one seems to know what it's really called.  That and cucumber sauce you get with gyros.

16} Have you ever thrown up on someone (excluding when you were a child)?
I don't think so, but I remember my ex husband, before he was my ex or my husband, holding my hair back for me while I was puking from food poisoning.  That was the most miserable I've ever been.

17} What was the last thing that made you laugh?

Need I say more.  My little Noah is a nut!

18} Think fast...what's the first song that pops into your head?
Chop Suey by System of a Down.  I have no idea why.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...