Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Casting My Worries Aside

25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life. 28 And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 
Matthew 6:25-34 

 I feel okay right now.
I think I'm confident in God's plan, 
but I just don't really know.
I don't know if I really have faith in myself, in what I am feeling.
I got some news Friday that normally would've sent me into panic mode - 
My ex-husband is being cut down to part time pay again,
less than two months after being bumped back up to full time.
The company he works for is not doing well financially,
he's worried he might not have a job much longer.
All this means he will not be able to afford to provide the same support he has,
the support I need to pay for
childcare, 
mortgage,
clothes and food...
But I'm okay and I don't know why.
Is it really because I have complete faith in God's plan for me or am I just in denial?
I'm not use to putting my future, my security into someone else's hands, even God's.
I'm used to being in total control - 
This doesn't feel like me, like who I am.  
Have I really grown that much in Christ that I can surrender all my worries to Him?
I asked my preacher during our "coffee shop Sunday" session, How do we know when what we are feeling is based on our faith in God's plan or just the situation not having "sunk in"yet?
His answer, "Do you want to give God thanks for the situation you've been put in?" 
I don't know if I am there.
I don't know if I am giving thanks for my situation, but I am okay.
As is the season, I will give thanks for what I have and learn to carry that thankfulness throughout the year, when I feel worry, in need, and unhappy with what I have.
I will lay my prayers at His feet and give God my confidence.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:6-7




Linking today at:

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from SDG - your words touched me. It is so hard to put the control in God's hands and not worry. It is a lifelong practice, I think. Thanking God for the difficult times is part of it. Saying, "God, I don't know why this is happening, but I trust you and praise you, because I know that the ultimate outcome will be good and for your glory." I've found that saying those words, even when I'm not sure if I believe them, helps. It is a starting point.

    Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts here. I pray that you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving, with much to be thankful for - even the hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are on your way to letting go and trusting God...I know I have had times when I felt I was having and "out of body" experience because I was reacting so different than I would have normally...God wins our hearts bit by bit...until one day we realized He has so much more than we thought...beautiful heart here...
    Blessings as you lay your burdens down...one by one...and count the gifts...one by one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are experiencing God's peace. It doesn't mean that they won't be days of doubts, but when those days come, you can remind your flesh and your spirit that God is in control, He knows your needs, and He will provide. Continue to praise Him and lay your burdens at His feet. Stopping by from Graceful today. Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the way you put that: learning to carry thankfulness with you throughout the year.

    Lifting you up in prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post friend...thank you for sharing...wish i could visit everyone more frecuently but are many..and the hours are different but prayers and blessings on your way..remembering the real reason for the holidays..days of peace love and thinking...loves from our home to yours...maranatha..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...